Game Classy 52: Dangar Zone

by Joe on January 5, 2014

gc52

Joe and Steve rocket into the new year with a hefty talk about the Megaman Kickstarter. Our New Year’s babies also discuss the new Tyranid models, new Battlelore, and the Game Designer Kickstarter. All this and another installment of “What’s in the Box”!

If you wanna send some stuff to be on “What’s in the Box?” contact Joe at Joe@planetarbitrary.com
Follow Joe and Steve on Twitter

Don’t Forget to like our Facebook page and subscribe to us on iTunes for exclusive content.

Comment on iTunes so Joe can pay the bills.

Daniel January 6, 2014 at 12:32 am

Joe, share that box of crap with Steve!

Joe January 6, 2014 at 9:36 am

I always do, Steve can take whatever he likes

Steve January 7, 2014 at 10:12 am

Yeah I was just giving Joe poo.

Cliff January 7, 2014 at 4:36 pm

I get the Star Wars grumpiness. I recently discovered this:

And believe it or not, it freakin’ works. Give it a try.

Joe January 9, 2014 at 2:46 pm

This is my order: IV,V,VI. I believe in a world where those prequels were never made.

Steve January 10, 2014 at 12:01 pm

If I watch, I just watch Empire. Fuck it.

Cliff January 7, 2014 at 5:08 pm

RE: Devout Jesus Fish SUV: I wouldn’t give her that high of a bonus to hit if I gave her one at all. She’s driving a SUV trying to hit a vampire. I’d give her a penalty to hit, but a bonus to damage.

The SUV is going to cause a lot of trauma, and her faith should contribute to that, but hitting a creature that can turn into a mist or a swarm of rats?

Good luck with that shitty soccer mom.

Steve January 8, 2014 at 1:32 pm

It would have to be a crappy vampire!

Joe January 9, 2014 at 2:47 pm

I can see either way really

Eric January 9, 2014 at 12:08 pm

Mage Knight was a good game even if you didn’t like it. It is possible for something to be good and still not appeal to you. That doesn’t make it bad, it’s just not for you. It was a great introduction for non-gamers to miniature games and the figures were decent depending on the sculptor and set, the paints were almost always garbage. As far as I know Jordan Weisman hasn’t ever put out a game that was terrible except for Arcane Legions and it wasn’t all bad.

Joe January 9, 2014 at 2:51 pm

Eric, how long have you listened to the podcast? If we don’t play it, it’s garbage! /s

In all honesty it’s mostly in jest, but Mage Knight did have reallyreally shitty figures.

Steve January 10, 2014 at 9:10 am

I was referring to the new version. The old game was passable. Minus the AWFUL figures.

Eric January 10, 2014 at 12:17 pm

I agree, the new minis are garbage. Wizkids was a great company before Jordan Weisman sold it to Topps. Topps had no idea what the hell they were doing and eventually sold it to NECA. NECA started out running it a lot like Fantasy Flight, it was great. Now NECA runs it more like WoTC and the quality is laughable. At one time they employed sculptors like James Van Shiek and Brian Dugas. Now it’s all digital and there is no such thing as fine detail. If you want to see amazing work you should see the Ultimate Hulk figure from the Avengers Heroclix set.

gerling lebensversicherung ag variable fondspolice November 5, 2016 at 1:57 am

Way out of your league, my friend. Not only is my application a final candidate from 2005′s Papal pick list and in the first consideration pool for February 28… but I am so NOT allergic to holy water that I BATHE in the stuff. Of course, everything that touches my divine presence is considered holy, but still…And, Adam, do you like movies about gladiators?

http://www./ November 14, 2016 at 3:17 pm

Hola Cecilia.Imagíname desde la tercera ventana.Descansando y a la vez dejando volar mi imaginación. Veo todas tus entradas. Me encantan, me relajamn y me hacen soñar.Buen fín de semana para tí también.Besitos.

http://www./ November 15, 2016 at 5:56 pm

I not to mention my guys were actually following the great ideas from your site and immediately got an awful suspicion I never thanked the website owner for them. All the women were definitely for that reason warmed to read all of them and now have sincerely been taking pleasure in them. Thank you for being really thoughtful and for utilizing varieties of fabulous tips millions of individuals are really needing to discover. Our own sincere regret for not expressing gratitude to you earlier.

http://www./ December 30, 2016 at 7:11 am

Normally I’m against killing but this article slaughtered my ignorance.

http://www./ March 1, 2017 at 1:45 am

But wanna comment on few general things, The website design and style is perfect, the written content is rattling great. “The reason there are two senators for each state is so that one can be the designated driver.” by Jay Leno.

Eric January 9, 2014 at 1:18 pm

P.S. Great show. I appreciate the fact that you two don’t fall over yourselves agreeing with each other. I used to listen to another podcast but the two guys were just boring and monotone. It sucked.

Joe: Do you play Star Trek: Attack Wing or do you just collect ships? My brother-in-law got me the starter set for Christmas and I bought the U.S.S. Enterprise and a Klingon Bird of Prey but I doubt I will ever get a chance to play the game.

Joe January 9, 2014 at 2:50 pm

I’ve played a couple times, It really is a fun game. It reminds me a lot of the episode “Balance of Terror”. I stopped collecting ships after the first wave, and am focusing on the federation. I may go back and do repaints soon.

Thanks for listening, and spread the word.

Eric January 16, 2014 at 11:51 am

Games Workshop stock loses 25% of its value in one day. The article is up on Table Top Gaming News.

Daniel January 16, 2014 at 9:26 pm

Can you imagine how much fun Steve is having with this right now? 😉

Hey, guys, if you need some things to talk about on your next cast:
Red Box Games

This is really interesting with respects to the pros and cons of Kickstarters, what makes some more successful than others, etc. Also how they might be used more by the little guys going forward. You get the picture.

Selfish plug:
The Return of Under the Mountain
underthemountainblog.com
&
The Return of Mannikin Studios
mannikinstudios.com

Eric January 19, 2014 at 5:29 pm

Sails of Glory. Ever played it? Thinking of buying the box set.

Joe January 19, 2014 at 6:21 pm

Not yet, I like boats though. A guy in my gaming group bought it, might be playing it soon.

kreditkarte ohne schufa spanien October 19, 2016 at 10:13 am

I like the lamps and the bed is very simple, but it also matches with the book shelf and table/side table. My sister has those lamp shades and they do give the right amount of light for reading, but not enough to blind you imo. Ikea is nice here in Chicago–the furniture if needed assembly is easy to put together. Good article, thanks for giving a more affordable outlook on being stylish

http://www./ November 14, 2016 at 4:03 am

Hey hey hey, take a gander at what’ you’ve done