Game Classy 50: Happy Meaningless Milestone

by Joe on December 8, 2013

gc50The boys celebrate their nifty fifty by going over some of their fans most beloved moments, which mostly involve them making fun of GW.  Joe and Steve talk about Finecast going away (or is it?), Ex Illis failing (again) and the Deadzone Kickstarter dropping on time (for a change). All this and Steve talks about his gibbering love for Mage Wars!

Follow Joe and Steve on Twitter

Don’t Forget to like our Facebook page and subscribe to us on iTunes for exclusive content.

Comment on iTunes so Joe can pay the bills.

Daniel December 9, 2013 at 8:45 am

Gamezone tried launching HeroQuest again on a Spanish crowdfunding site, but it was pulled within hours:

Also, Games Workshop apparently had nothing to do with this fiasco; the people up in arms about the IP are Moon Design: http://www.glorantha.com/

Joe December 9, 2013 at 2:38 pm

we are now aware of this Daniel, thanks

Cliff December 9, 2013 at 2:08 pm

I kinda like your old entrance theme, and say what you will about it, at least it wasn’t as bad as the one from Star Trek: Enterprise.

And Marc Singer was the Beastmaster: https://www.google.com/search?q=marc+singer+the+beastmaster&client=firefox-a&hs=Mj8&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=MyOmUoiyAYHCywGPzIDoCw&ved=0CAkQ_AUoAQ&biw=1680&bih=960

Steve December 10, 2013 at 5:01 pm

Daniel Goddard is the only Beastmaster in my heart.

Joe December 9, 2013 at 2:34 pm

Thanks cliff!

Eric December 11, 2013 at 6:32 am

I love the new theme. It’s great. The old theme was terrible. Great show, loved the “filthy casual” bit.

Did either of you play MonPoc? I liked it but it was expensive.

Mage Wars looks like something I could get into if I wasn’t married with children and already had too many hobbies as it is. Not to mention Knoxville is a shitty gaming town.

Guys, hurry up! There are only 156 copies of Codex: Space Marines: Ultima Edition left! It’s only $250.00.

Steve December 12, 2013 at 2:06 pm

MonPoc was A+ idea D- execution.

Mage Wars can be played entirely as a boxed game, keep that in mind!

Eric December 18, 2013 at 6:38 pm

Joe! Firestorm Armada 2.0! You going to check those rules out?

Steve! My Little Pony CCG! You going to try that out? If my daughter were old enough I would be tempted just as a gateway to get her into gaming.

Steve December 20, 2013 at 9:41 am

I’ll be talking ponies on the next cast.