Platform: PlayStation Vita (via PlayStation Network $14.99)
Game Type: Third Person+First Person Action-Adventure Platformer
Game summary: In the dusty, undeveloped wastelands of Western Mudos, cantankerous townsfolk find their settlements besieged by belligerent outlaws. Along comes Stranger, a tall, dark and enigmatic bounty hunter with a mission to capture troublemakers and scoundrels and return them to civilized townships for incarceration. But Stranger is keeping a secret and needs expensive surgery to survive. In his quest to earn enough Moolah, Stranger reluctantly accepts the ultimate bounty from the owner of the Mongo River and suddenly his adventure takes a very different turn.
- An action adventure game that allows you to quickly switch between first and third person perspectives depending on the situation.
- An HD remake of a great game that you probably never played originally.
- Minimalistic H.U.D.
- An art style that lends well to updated HD graphics which look beautiful on the Vita’s screen.
- Different ammo styles based on the critters you pick-up.
- Fun platforming elements.
- Amusing voice acting and script.
- Lengthy adventure.
- Locating enemies can be tricky in certain areas, which can lead to “cheap” deaths.
- Can be confusing where you need to go for an objective.
- Many areas feel and look the same.
Overall Score: 8.0 / 10