Game Classy 47: Cease and Desist

by Joe on October 27, 2013

gc47Joe is upset he didn’t get a C&D letter from GW this week. He also apologizes for not talking about Mars Attacks and thinking Golem Arcana would fail. Steve also calls 40k a baby game, but talks about how Pokemon is not a babies game (you figure that one out, cuz Joe can’t).

Comment on iTunes so Joe can pay the bills.

Eric October 28, 2013 at 9:41 am

I dress as my twin brother for Halloween most years cause I’m lazy and I have a twin brother so it’s a legit costume.

Steve, have you played Warmachine: High Command? Miniature Market had it as their deal of the day for only $20 but I haven’t got it yet.

Have either of you played MechWarrior Online? I have 2 kids so it is about the only game I get to play regularly since matchs are quick. I love it. Playing and building mechs is great.

I agree with Steve about Walking Dead. The writing is horrible. Daryl is the only character that isn’t completely unlikeable. Please, God, kill Carl! It sucks and people watch it for a couple of possible reasons:
1. They read the comic and want it to be good (it’s not).
2. It is the only zombie show on TV.
3. People have terrible taste.

Have you guys watched Agents of Shield?

As a gaming podcast I would like to hear more about the games you play and what you guys like about them or maybe review, briefly, new games that you guys have tried.

Steve October 28, 2013 at 10:26 am

I did play High Command. It was okay. Not at all as good as I had hoped. Not good enough to buy.

I have not played MechWarrior Online, and I can safely say Joe hasn’t because he doesn’t play anything except single player offline games.

I hated Agents of Shield with a passion rivaling my hatred of Doctor Who.

I haven’t tried any new games lately so I don’t have much in that department sadly.

Joe has been playing Bolt Action though, if that counts.

Joe October 28, 2013 at 11:49 am

I think High Command is worth 20$. not more though, If it was multiplayer it would have much more replay value.

I like Agents of Shield, mainly because of what it can be. So many good genre shows have terrible first seasons, Buffy, B5, ST:TNG, so I am giving it a pass. Although I absolutly hate hate hate hate hate the female hacker character skye. She is everything that is wrong with the way people think computers work. I think if they hired good actors instead of pretty people the show would be better.

I do really like Bolt Action. I think the system is excellent, fast, and easy to understand. You also don’t get too bogged down by a ton of variation. most armies will be pretty similar. Also there are a variety of mini makers that do ww2 for cheap so you aren’t breaking the bank. (unless you play the polish)

As for reviews we do them every once in a while. However Steve and I tend to get bored when we get crunchy into rules and stuff. When something comes out and we play it we’ll definitely let you know.

Steve October 28, 2013 at 12:00 pm

You can play 2-4 players in High Command Joe. (It gets worse the more people you add though)

Eric October 28, 2013 at 12:35 pm

I agree that there is nothing likeable about Agents of Shield so far. None of the characters are interesting and that is the nicest thing I can say about them. I would tune in to see the hacker take her clothes off but that is it. Very disappointing.

I don’t know if you guys have ever covered it but do either of you like Quarriors? I love dice and I bought the game at GenCon in 2011 and have yet to play it, lol.

Steve November 12, 2013 at 9:21 am

I’m not a big fan of Quarriors. It looks okay, but not my jam.

Cliff October 28, 2013 at 4:50 pm

SGT Gom Gom absolutely MUST be included in the next version of Choadex Space Marines…

Eric November 5, 2013 at 7:45 pm

Please check out the Corporia kickstarter and give it it’s proper amount of ridicule.

Joe November 6, 2013 at 7:38 am

Where’s the link, you expect me to search for it like a savage?