Game Classy 44: “The Optimal Load”

by Joe on September 15, 2013

gc44SPEHSS MAHREENS!!! Yup GW launched the updated codex for their bread and butter, and our boys are there to make fun of it. Also they discuss why Cool Mini or Not was so successful with their Kickstarters, Osprey’s new wargaming series, and Joe’s terrible impression of Vin Diesel. Also, there’s a funny comment about Steve’s man parts.

Comment on iTunes so Joe can pay the bills.

Rudy September 16, 2013 at 10:33 am

15 minutes of Worf getting shut down. Over and over and over.

Eric September 16, 2013 at 7:38 pm

Great episode. A friend and I got into the Wrath of Kings kickstarter. I love the figures and the game looks like fun. Does any one faction look more interesting to you? I will be painting/playing Shael Han.

Joe September 17, 2013 at 7:31 am

I kinda like them all, the only one I was “eh” on was the Goritsi. I loved the vampire models, but the werewolves were a rehash of confro, I would have liked to see something a little different.

billy September 18, 2013 at 3:06 pm

Hey , a lot of good stuff.the space marine assesment was dead on. I am in on WoK I got nasier. As far as gortsi goes I can’t blame em for duping those sculpts, they are gorgeous. One thing I think would have made golem arcanna affordable would be use phone to scan bases.

Joe September 18, 2013 at 3:30 pm

golem arcana has a lot of high hopes. It presents an interesting system that may work incredibly well. However in the tabletop community, KS need value and a lot of bang for your buck. The price for the core set is actually a decent deal, but its not enough to get an old timer like me into it.

As for KoW, and I will go into this on the next cast. I was incredibly pissed that they pussed out on the stretch goals at the end. I know I got 220 models for 200$ but come on, you could have enticed me a little more.

billy September 18, 2013 at 4:10 pm

Also I don’t see how you would make bruce leeroy before sho nuff.

Joe September 19, 2013 at 8:50 am

two pack man, two pack

Cliff September 30, 2013 at 5:54 pm

Wonderbug. You’re talking about Wonderbug. Best freakin’ Sid & Marty Kroft show ever.

Joe September 30, 2013 at 6:59 pm

I was talking about this, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3hx-hEWl10c, but wonderbug works as well