Game: Tomb Raider
Platform: Xbox 360
Game Type: Third Person Action-Adventure Platformer
- A much-needed dramatic tone and more personal-feeling approach to the Tomb Raider series.
- No H.U.D. (Think Dead Space)
- Gorgeous, masterfully-detailed environment and weather effects. Dynamic lighting and shadows and solid character animations.
- Silky smooth gameplay and zero load screens while in-game.
- Large, open-world with tons of salvage and treasures to find in each area which encourages revisiting them.
- The bow and arrow. Perfect for Lara.
- Passive cover system during combat. Just run up to an object and Lara moves to cover automatically.
- Simple and very tight controls which allow combat and movement to be very fun and never tedious or frustrating.
- Dramatic camera angles and music during tense moments.
- You actually care about Lara Croft for once.
- Great upgrade system throughout campaign.
- LOST-like story that keeps you interested and guessing.
- Respectable campaign length at around 20+ hours.
- Lara's transition from newbie-explorer to hardcore-killer is kind of jarring.
- Multiplayer is boring and really has no place in this game. The addition of it doesn't affect the single-player game, so it's best to just pretend it's not there.
Overall Score: 9.75 / 10