Game Classy 23: Unleash the Gygax!

by Joe on November 25, 2012

This episode, Steve breaks Joe. It finally happened. Also they talk about the upcoming hobbit release from Game Workshop and the upcoming Magic rerelease. This finish off the podcast by talking up customizing your board games. Also listen for our hosts’ rendition of the theme from Highlander!

May your rules be written by the Germans, your minis sculpted by the French, and your games distributed by Americans!

Don’t Forget to like our Facebook page

Read some other stuff from Joe, hear him on the Planet Arbitrary podcast, or follow him on Twitter @planetarbitrary

Melanie November 28, 2012 at 1:58 pm

Games workshop is all over both of those games

Battle Masters is a board game by Milton Bradley made in collaboration with Games Workshop in 1992.

HeroQuest, sometimes also written as Hero Quest, is an adventure board game that was created by Milton Bradley in conjunction with the British company Games Workshop and set in the latter’s Warhammer Fantasy fictional universe.

Steve December 5, 2012 at 10:09 am

NO. STOP SAYING THESE WORDS. IT WAS JUST MILTON BRADLEY. THESE WORDS HURT ME.

Joe December 5, 2012 at 2:39 pm

steve has a hard time understanding that Games Workshop is a game company that has a long history of putting out games people enjoyed and still enjoy playing

Melanie December 12, 2012 at 7:27 pm

lol Ya I gave up in GW so I have no issue with that.

Melanie November 28, 2012 at 2:05 pm

oh and Gygax!

Steve December 5, 2012 at 10:10 am

It’s a tough battle. Thanks for the feedback though.

Melanie November 28, 2012 at 2:08 pm

spamming you now… Games Plus? are you guys in Chicago? (sorry i have only listened once before). Did you guys ever go to Third Eye Games? I LOVED that place!

Joe November 29, 2012 at 1:26 pm

no, I did my early gaming at a place called elsewhere comics. By the time I was able to by my own stuff I went to cypher games and Games Plus

Melanie November 29, 2012 at 4:48 pm

I had been to Games Plus once..it was pretty far to travel without a car (lived a few blocks off the lake).

Steve December 5, 2012 at 10:11 am
Od Magic Player January 13, 2013 at 12:15 am

I used to go to Third Eye Games all the time! I lived in the neighborhood and remember those times fondly.

We used to play some EPIC games that lasted for DAYS! We played Epic (Warhammer 40K) also… 🙂

I was friends with one of the owners: Paul. I wonder what has become of him since I moved about 15 years ago to California. Does anybody know how I can get back in touch with him?

Just so that nobody thinks that I am a troll or someother heinous person, I got one of his dog’s (Padre) puppies: Loki.

Thanks!

Old Magic Player January 13, 2013 at 12:16 am

That’s OLD Magic Player. I guess ODD might also work… However, Od is right out!

Juli December 10, 2014 at 7:49 pm

Hi, I remember you. I’m trying to find Paul too. If you’ve found out anything about him since you posted here, I’d love to know.

Brother Glacius November 28, 2012 at 2:52 pm

podcast was really hard to listen to due to the constant poor mic quality. One guy sounded fine, but the other sounded like he was across the room. And then it fluctuated. Ugh.

Joe November 29, 2012 at 1:37 pm

sorry man, I didn’t hear that. the podcast is recorded through separate right and left mics, so if a right or left speaker is fritzing it’ll sound weird.

Melanie November 29, 2012 at 4:48 pm

Ya i had no issues at all

Steve December 5, 2012 at 10:10 am

I blame Joe entirely.

James February 25, 2013 at 6:05 pm

British comedy TV series called Phoneshop, about a shop in a high street.
One of the characters is humiliated in a public fashion and all the other shop workers on the street are taking the piss at the window. The final insult is a thin pasty guy with a ponytail pulling funny faces at the window to which they say ‘Oh shit, Games Workshop. Go fuck a goblin’